If you received a traffic ticket or a criminal summons, you must enter a plea to the charges on or before the hearing date and the time listed on your ticket or complaint. You have several ways to appear, but using E-Pleas is the fastest and easiest method. You will not have to appear on the date and time on your ticket or criminal summons if you enter the plea online.
Through E-Pleas, you may:
- Review your rights and the possible pleas you may enter
- Enter a plea of guilty, no contest or not guilty to each charge
- Request the Court to appoint an attorney to represent you at the State’s expense if you cannot afford one. You will be charged a $25.00 fee by the State if an attorney is appointed.
- Accept the standard fine and costs if available in your case and pay online immediately or request a payment plan
- Schedule your first pretrial hearing in cases where an appearance is required to resolve serious cases
To enter a plea online, click Access Virtual Court or use the top navigation menu.
1. GHMC VIRTUAL COURT
- Online through the Virtual Court @ https://www.ghmc.org. Click on “Access Virtual Court” in the navigation menu. You may appear anytime, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week up until the hearing date and time on your ticket or summons. You are not required to appear on your hearing date if you appear through the Virtual Court and complete all required forms and fields. You will receive a confirmation through the system that your appearance is complete. If you do not receive this confirmation, you will need to complete it again or appear for your hearing through one of the other methods.
2. BY ZOOM
- Online via Zoom: Appear via Zoom – using an internet connected computer, telephone or other personal device – on the hearing date and time on your ticket or summons. Log-in 15 minutes early to make sure you can connect. See Remote Hearings and Trials and follow the Zoom Instructions.
- In-person at the Cuyahoga County Public Library: Use Zoom in the computer room of the library located at 5225 Library Lane, Maple Heights, Ohio. You can use a library computer or your own device. Internet access is provided free in the parking lot. You must appear on the hearing date and time on your ticket. Log-in 15 minutes early to make sure you can connect. See Remote Hearings and Trials and follow the Zoom Instructions.
- In-person at the Garfield Heights Municipal Court: Use a dedicated Zoom Room in the Court located at 5555 Turney Road, Garfield Heights, Ohio. Use a computer provided by the Court. You must appear on the hearing date and time on your ticket. A court staff person will help you get logged into your hearing when you arrive. You must wear a mask and submit to health and safety screenings and should appear at least ½ before your scheduled hearing time. Expect to be in court for at least 2 hours. Follow the Zoom Instructions.