Tips on Appearing in Court
Appearing in Court
- Be prepared and organized. Make notes in advance of the trial day about what you want to say and organize and mark all your exhibits.
- Dress appropriately. Show respect to the Court and other parties by dressing in a business like manner.
- Arrive early so you can find parking, get through security and be in the courtroom on time.
- Turn off any electronic devices especially cellphones.
- Speak with respect to the Court and all parties involved. Do not speak while others are speaking.
We always encourage litigants to hire attorneys who are educated in the law far better than you can be as an individual but for more tips on appearing in court and self-representation, go to self-represented.com.