We have continued the COVID safety measures put in place during the Pandemic.
Everyone entering the building must:

  • Wear a mask
  • Have your temperature taken
  • Register for tracking purposes

Plexiglass shields have been installed in each courtroom and in the Clerk’s Office.
Air filters are provided in select areas around the building.

You are here

I Won. Now What?

I Won. Now What?


Start by working with the person that owes you to see if you can reach a payment agreement. Try to negotiate with them or write a short letter to them asking for payment. Remind them of the total amount due, including “court costs” and “interest”.

Feel free to suggest a payment plan.  Remember to ask for a response to your letter in a reasonable time (10-14 days, for example).

If the person who owes you does not have enough money or property to pay, remember that your judgment is valid for least five years. Even if it you cannot collect your money now, you may be able to collect it later.

If the person who owes you money does not agree, or ignores your letter, you can use other methods to get your money.

What are my collection options? 

If the person who owes you money will not voluntarily pay you, you can use the methods described in this website to collect the judgment. You may need to use more than one of the methods to get your money. You can also learn more about collection options from the Ohio State Bar Association.

What do I do once I have collected all the judgment money? 

Once you have collected all of the money that is owed to you, you must file a Satisfaction of Judgment Form with the Clerk of Court to show that the judgment has been paid. There is no fee to file the form.

Virtual Assistant

I Won. Now What?